We refer quite often to Page 1 of Google, or simply Page 1. Not sure what this means or why it is so vital to the online success of your business? We’re going to explain it in a way that is simple to follow.
Basically, Page 1 is the first page of Google search results when someone types in a search term or terms. For example, take a look at the picture. You can see that there are a number of results for the search term “IT Audit Company”. This is Page 1 of Google Search Results. This is where you want to be.
Why? We’ve broken it down for you.
- 90% of people do not go past Page 1 according to research
- 10% of people go to Page 2
- 5% go to Page 3
- Less than 2% go to Page 4
Those facts alone should be enough to convince you how important page 1 is. Now, let’s see how you can get your website on to Page 1. There are two ways:
- Google AdWords – You pay for your advert to feature in Google Search Results (see the picture above). Each time someone clicks on your advert, you pay a small amount
- Search Engine Optimisation – Over time, your website climbs to the top of the organic rankings. This is one of the ways you can rank number 1 on Google and can take 6-8 months to see your website on Page 1 for your selected keywords.
So, now maybe you understand a little more about what Page 1 is and why is it so important when we refer to it.
Your website should be on Page 1 for all of your keywords if you really want your business to shine!